[Note from Patrik: If you have any questions about the products and services below, don’t hesitate to get in touch.]
- Insight Timer — This is my app of choice for meditating. It contains everything you need, including thousands of free guided recordings from the best meditation teachers in the world.
- JEFIT — This is the app I use for my strength training. It has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to track any exercise or metric you can think of.
- Philips Wake-Up Light — This lamp/alarm clock uses light therapy and soothing sounds to wake you up in more natural (and a lot less stressful) way. My mornings haven’t been the same since I got this wake-up light. I absolutely love it.
- The Power of Your Breath — Training Package — Did you know that your habitual way of breathing is likely screwing up your body and its functions? This package contains everything you need to retrain your breath for optimal health and performance.
- Boomerang — This clever Gmail service makes sure no messages ever fall through the cracks. You can have messages return to your inbox later, schedule your own messages to go out later, and get reminders to follow up with people who haven’t responded. If you manage a lot of emails, I highly recommend this one. It’s a huge time saver.
- Dashlane — My password manager of choice. This simple app generates strong passwords and auto-fills them in for me as soon as I visit any given page. Safe, easy, and a huge time saver.
- Evernote — The most powerful note-taking tool out there. I organize all my work in this app and can’t imagine what a mess I’d be without it. Use this link to get a free month of Evernote Premium.
- Wunderlist — My favorite To Do list app. I keep all the tasks I want to get done in the app and share lists for grocery shopping and household chores with my girlfriend.
- Amazon Kindle — An e-book reader that lets you download new books directly to the device itself. It’s really a brilliant piece of technology that is a pleasure to read on. It also removes shipping costs and the waiting times for books as everything is handled digitally.
- Audible — If it weren’t for this service, I probably wouldn’t finish half as many books. I absolutely love audiobooks because they turn walks, commutes, and boring household chores into exciting opportunities to expand my mind. Sign up here to try Audible for FREE!
- Blinkist — The Blinkist team reads books, pull out the key insights and explain them in easy-to-understand 15-minute book summaries. If you’re having trouble finding the time to read, you should definitely sign up for a free trial.
(If you’d like some reading tips, check out my favorite books of all time.)
- Beeminder — This clever service tracks your efforts and shows your progress on a Yellow Brick Road. If you stay on track it’s free, but if you stray off track, they start charging you money.
- Coach.me — If you’d like to hire a personal coach via Coach.me, check out the recommendations in my Coach Directory. You can also become a coach yourself. Just fill out this application.
- Day One — My digital daily journal. I use this beautifully designed app to store diary entries, pictures, quotes, or whatever else I want to save.
- Optimize — Brian Johnson’s spectacular program to optimize your life and actualize your potential.
- Grammarly — My secret weapon for powerful writing. This automated proofreader checks spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. It also enhances vocabulary usage and suggests citations. I run everything I write through Grammarly, and I’m a MUCH better writer because of it.
- Scrivener — This is the word-processing and outliner program I use when writing my books. It provides a complete management system for documents and notes and makes it easy to organize ideas, concepts, and research. It’s also a pleasure to write in. I recommend this software to anyone who’s serious about their writing.
- Writing With Flair — If you want to improve your writing in just a couple of weeks, I highly recommend this course. The instructor, Shani Raja, does an excellent job explaining the key principles and tactics of elite writing. Follow his advice, and you can be sure that your writing will stick out from the crowd.
- AWeber — This is the service I use for my newsletter. AWeber makes it easy to collect email addresses, send newsletters, and a whole lot more. It’s a very intuitive service and if you ever run into trouble their support is friendly, fast, and helpful.
- DIYthemes — If you think Selfication has a slick design, it’s all thanks to DIYthemes. I’m currently using their Social Triggers theme, and I’m very happy with it. It’s easy to manage and has a very helpful support.
- Namecheap — My favorite service for buying domain names. This is where I’ve registered Selfication.com (and a bunch of other domains).
- Web Hosting Hub — This is the service I use for hosting my sites. I’ve tried a bunch of different web hosts in the past, and none of them come close to Web Hosting Hub. Very reliable and excellent customer service.
- WordPress — The easiest and most popular blogging system on the Web. I use it for all my websites.
- Archangel Ink — If you need any kind of help getting from completed manuscript to published book, I highly recommend Archangel Ink. They offer proofreading, editing, custom cover design, ebook formatting, paperback and audio production, promotion, and a whole lot more. Their support is friendly, patient, and extremely helpful.
- Authority Pub Academy — I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn the self-publishing business. The instructors and bestselling authors Steve Scott and Barrie Davenport covers how to develop the right mindset, generate bestselling book ideas, develop a consistent writing habit, publish your book, launch with a bang, make consistent sales, and a TON more. On top of that, Steve and Barrie are both very encouraging and always respond quickly to questions. Highly recommended!
- KDP Rocket — The ultimate tool for book marketing research. Indispensable for anyone who wants to succeed as a self-published author on Amazon.
- Mastering Amazon Ads — The complete guide to Amazon ads for authors. Brian Meeks teaches you everything you need to know to analyze, optimize, and strategize successfully.